Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 24

Ever since I started my pathophysiology subject, I've been introduced to a lot of diseases, some I've never heard of, some I'm familiar with. The last chapter I read about fractures was an eye opener. It says that most fractures or falls were complicated by osteoporosis. Women are more prone to having osteoporosis but it is a disease that is preventable. At my age, increased calcium intake plus vitamin D and a more active lifestyle away from smoking, drinking and caffeine are recommendations to prevent osteoporosis. This awareness made me go to the supplements aisle first at Costco when we went there. I picked up a bottle of One A Day to at least augment what is lacking in my diet. I plan to live a long healthy life so I can watch my children grow =).

No comments:

Post a Comment