Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beginning To See

     I have been a point and shoot fan for so long. Almost every family memory has been captured by my ever reliable portable companion. I made so many excuses why not to buy a dslr camera. Aside from being expensive, I dreaded having to need to learn. Why should I complicate my life? Until I decided to upgrade. I thought, the dslr has an automatic mode anyway and it will shoot better quality pictures. In the beginning I was content using the dslr like I used the point and shoot. But my curiosity grew and grew. I have a tool in my hands that I wanted to explore. Take note, wanted, not just needed. There is this nagging part of me which aims for perfection and strives for excellence so I enrolled in a basic class of photography. It was intimidating at first. All the new words, the theories which have to be put in action. It was like learning to play a musical instrument; needing to know which keys to touch and when, to make a beautiful melody, each a unique piece of yourself. Now I see the lines, the shapes, the colors and my EYE WILL TRAVEL in the viewfinder to discover the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment