Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Great Combination

     I started to play with pictures when I got interested in scrapbooking. I learned how to use Photoshop Elements (PSE). I was able to crop, straighten, place captions on my photos. I was able to design albums and make cards, calendars and invitations. I cannot say I am a master of the software but I could manipulate it and get the desired results. There is still so much room for improvement though. I made the header of this blog in PSE thanks to the free digital kits from Shabby Princess.

     I was introduced to Lightroom in my basic photography class. This software is geared towards photographers since using this to edit is easier. There are presets that can be applied and sliders to play with which instantly show what the effects on the photo are. The latest version, Lightroom 3 has the super easy watermark option.

     Since it is not all the time that we get the best SOOC (straight out of the camera) photos, post processing is a helpful tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment